NC Teaching Spa is an educational institution. Our principal emphasis is to offer students the opportunity to work with clients in a safe environment while developing their skills and techniques. Your feedback is appreciated, as well as your understanding that the primary goal of services is to reflect those of a learning environment.
Spa visits are by appointment only. We look forward to serving you!
Before you arrive
We may ask that our Spa clients fill out one or multiple forms to ensure that we provide the best quality of service possible. Please visit our Forms page to download and complete the appropriate forms prior to your arrival.
- Contact lenses cannot be worn while having lashes tinted.
- Prior to any skin resurfacing treatment discontinue use of over the counter Retinol, Glycolic and other Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Salicylic or Beta Hydroxy Acids, or other exfoliation products that are "professional grade" (greater than 8%), 3-5 days prior to any skin resurfacing treatment.
- We kindly ask that when arriving for a manicure or pedicure that you do not have any existing gel or shellac on your nails. Clients are subject to a $3 "Buffing" fee should it be required to buff off such products enough to complete the service.
- Clients changing/modifying or cancelling appointments, the day of, while having services are subject to a $3 "Last Minute" fee.
- Massage is relaxation only; students are not RMT and benefits will not cover your service.
What to wear
We encourage you to bring slippers or soft soled shoes for your maximum comfort. Open toe sandals or flip-flops are a must for any foot treatment.
Gentlemen: please bring or wear a pair of shorts to your massage session.
Complimentary parking passes are available from our on-site parking attendants until 3:00pm, however parking is enforced by the City of NOTL until 5:00pm. Guests arriving after 3:00pm are asked to park, then come into the spa to get a complimentary parking pass, then return it to their car.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes to start the relaxation process. If you have not completed the required forms you will be asked to do so at this time.
Sorry, we reserve the right to alter or cancel your service due to tardiness.
Please read this document to learn about microdermabrasion treatments.
Cellphones and electronic equipment
Our Spa is a calm and peaceful environment. Please turn off all electronic devices including cell phones.
Student Estheticians welcome gratuities as a reflection of the quality of the service they provided. Gratuities are not included in rates.